EducationMore than 25 years experience in teaching and coaching internationally. I speak 6+ languages myself and lived in 8 countries.
- Social Skill Training, Certificate, Conflict management, negotiation, contract analysis and writing (The Netherlands)
- Web Design / Web Development, Certificate, Management, Accounting, Marketing, Presentations, Planning (The Netherlands)
- Entrepreneurial Training, Certificate, Management, Accounting, Marketing, Presentations, Planning (The Netherlands)
- Vrije University, BSc, Software Engineering, BS, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Web Design, Mathematics, Political Science, Chemistry (The Netherlands)
- Ecole des Beaux‐Arts / Art & Design Academy, BA, Photography, Film making, Graphic, Painting, Drawing, Interior & Fashion Design (France)
- Technical College of Electronics, BSc, Electronics & Technical Design, Mathematics, Physics (Japanese School of SONY)
ExperienceOMG That’s It, Freelance (San Diego, California)
(Programmer, System Architect, Project Manager, Web/Designer, Photographer)
• Design, program, and develop websites for clients.
• Manage and implement all aspects of the website creation, from initial concept and design to usability, programming and architecture.
• Responsible for all photography used on client websites.
• Website design includes specifications for best practice search engine optimization (SEO).
• Experience in content management system and template development and deployment.
• Continually manage budgets to ensure that client projects come in on budget and on deadline.
WorldWideWord Language Institute, Freelance (San Diego, California)
(French and Dutch language teacher)
• Instruction in French and Dutch (conversation, reading, writing and grammar) to a wide variety of students, from business professionals to college students.
• Preparation for examinations and immigration.
• Translation services for documents and websites.
University of Guanajuato, (Guanajuato, Mexico)
(French language Instructor)
• Instruction in French to first to fourth year university students.
Sea to Sierra Outdoor Adventures, (Jalisco and Guanajuato, Mexico)
• Managed reservations and financial affairs including budgeting and banking.
• Provided language translation for correspondence and in-person for foreign tourists that were not fluent in English or Spanish.
• Assisted as a guide on snorkel, mountain bike and horseback tours as required.
• Assisted in the care of the horses, tack, mountain bikes and equipment for the tours.
OMG That’s It, Freelance (Paris, France)
(Programmer, Designer, Project Manager)
• Managed website development projects with representatives across various departments.
• Designed, programmed, and developed websites for clients.
• Managed and implemented all aspects of the website creation, from initial concept and design to usability, programming and architecture.
Landmat, (Digital land maps software development) (Reykjavik, Iceland)
(Development Manager, Software Engineer, Creative Director)
• Responsible for creative direction, graphic design, system architecture and programming for new SaaS for digital mapping products and virtual websites to support each product.
• Re‐designed existing websites and created new virtual sites such as “Virtual Hotels, Virtual Tourist, Virtual Airports & Cities” that helped increase sales for each of the products.
• Efforts resulted in increased cost efficiencies through the new, creative and fresh designs, better customer service, and marketing for the organization. The unique combination of graphic design and IT plus knowledge of several foreign languages proved essential for communication with the worldwide customers.
OMG That’s It, Freelance (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
(Freelance Web and System Designer & Consultant)
Major clients included:
• Han Dataport Benelux, (CAD‐CAM, Software development)
o Supervised, designed, developed & ensured completion of product websites.
o Programmed and designed websites and technical solutions to meet business objectives.
o Successfully identified potential partnership and market opportunities.
o Sole representative to IBM conference for E‐Business (Solutions ’99, Las Vegas – USA).
• ABC Handel, (Industrial Import & Export product guide)
o Selected, hired and trained a new team for the project of converting printed directories to on-line and CD ROM format.
o Acted as the project leader and oversaw the development of the database to house the directory and the production to convert the material to digital form.
o Designed and implemented the interface (website) whereby the clients accessed the database of on-line directories.
o Served as technical manager and linguistic liaison between the European offices
(France, Belgium, Ireland, England, Germany and Luxembourg).
• FreeMail Entrepreneur, (Internet Provider, web‐based e‐mail service)
o Built interactive entertainment features and supported existing components.
o Designed and developed a new user interface for their main product, their email program.
• Ministry of Governmental Buildings, (Inspection & maintenance of public buildings)
o Served as Lead CAD / AutoCad / ROP (MAC) designer.
o Created and submitted design modifications.
o Technical Inspection.
WEB – Editor, (Certificate)
o Windows and MAC‐OS, Web design (programming / HTML5 ‐ development and management), Responsive Design & execution of Websites, CGI & Java script. Setting up Database Connections.
o CSS, ASP, PTviewer, 360° Panorama, DHTML, XML, TCP/IP, JAVA.
o Microsoft Office products, MS Project, Visio.
Information Technology, (Certificate)
o 2D / 3D / ROP “Spatial Optimization Program” (Macintosh), HTML5, CSS, Java/Script, Fetch, Adobe Creative Master Suite up to CS6 / CC, all major web / graphic software / browsers.
o AutoCAD, GBA menu, MiniCAD / Macintosh.
o GEO – Haak Program (Geometrical Measurement Program)
HobbiesLanguages: English, French, Dutch, Persian, fluently; Spanish, German, Russian, conversationally.
Hobbies: Volunteering (animal shelters), walking, art / photography, cooking, travel, music, teaching, history, politics, culture, foreigner language / culture.
SAT Subject Test in French with Listening, IB Classical Languages SL, IB Computer Science HL, IB Computer Science SL, IB Design Technology HL, IB Design Technology SL, Languages, Management, Other, Painting, Photography, Programming, SAT Subject Test in French, IB Classical Languages HL, Software, Software Engineering, Summer Tutoring, Technical Writing, Technology and Computer Science, Test Prep, Web Design, Web Development, World Civilization, World History, Writing, Digital Media, AP Computer Science, AP French, AP French Language and Culture, Architectural Design, Art, Art History, CLEP French, Computer Programming, Computer Science, Computer Skills, Creative Writing, AP Art History, Dutch, Foreign Language, French, French 1, French 1, French 2, French 3, French 4, Graphic Design, Handwriting, HTML
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.